Muffins are a quick and easy breakfast that also freeze well. I love the combination of orange and cranberry and these Orange Cranberry Muffins come together in less than 30 minutes.
When I was pregnant with my son a friend of mine brought orange cranberry scones to our weekly Bible study. They were absolute heaven. But I wasn’t sure if the taste combination was a pregnancy “like” or an authentic new love. It turns out that the orange cranberry combination was not just a pregnancy thing. I love, love, love it!
This past week I’ve been trying to clean out the fridge and pantry and just use what I had on hand for meals. I only had a few eggs left so I needed something for breakfast that would stretch them. I found a recipe for “Lemon Yogurt Muffins”, which worked because I had yogurt to use up, but no lemons. I did, however, have oranges and cranberries to use up.
The recipe made 1 dozen full size and 1 dozen mini muffins.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups plain or vanilla yogurt
- ½ stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter muffin tins or insert paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, eggs, honey, butter, and zest.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stir in cranberries (if desired).
- Fill muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes or until muffins are lightly golden.