This key lime pie tastes like you spent hours making it, but it comes together in just minutes. Just mix, bake and chill and let people think you spent hours slaving over this delicious dessert.
In the spring and summer I like to make a lot of fruit desserts. Strawberry shortcake makes a regular appearance as does blueberry pie. I am not really a fan of key limes, but my husband is! So when I ran across this key lime pie recipe made with Nellie and Joe’s Key Lime Juice, I was intrigued by how easy it was to make. The only glitch was finding Nellie and Joe’s key lime juice. You’d think I’d just juice my own, but I really wanted to check out this product. Fast forward a few months and what do I spot on the shelf of the grocery store but Nellie and Joe’s — and it was on sale, a sure sign that I had to try it.
I took all the ingredients (all 3 of them) to my mom’s house to make the pie. She remarked that she’d just had the key lime pie at The Palm steakhouse restaurant and they told her it was made with Nellie and Joe’s! It’s a small world when it comes to high quality key lime juice, I guess.
No tricks here. Just mix, bake and chill. It takes about 20 minutes total and it tastes delicious!
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup Nellie and Joe's Key Lime Juice
- 9" graham cracker pie crust
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together milk, egg yolks and lime juice until smooth.
- Pour mixture in to pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool pie for 10 minutes on the counter before putting in the fridge.
- Serve chilled and topped with whipped cream.