A few months ago I had the privilege of joining The Secret Recipe Club, a group of food bloggers who secretly make recipes from each others blogs and then share the recipes on the same day every month. I have had the opportunity to meet some really wonderful people through the club and have enjoyed getting to know their blogs.
Sadly, The Secret Recipe Club lost a member a few weeks ago. Daniel Saraga of The Haggis and The Herring passed away quite unexpectedly, leaving behind his wife, Meredith, and a son. You can read Meredith’s touching eulogoy on The Haggis and the Herring.
In honor of Daniel and his kindness, support on our blogs, but most of all talent in the kitchen, The Secret Recipe Club members are posting recipes today made and posted by Daniel on his blog.
I chose to make Daniel’s Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins because when life hands you lemons…. make muffins.
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons soft butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup plain or lemon yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced and rind grated
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl beat together butter, sugar and eggs.
- Add yogurt, poppy seeds and rind and juice from lemon. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12-20 minutes.