With St. Patrick’s Day just around the corner, I have Irish cream on the brain. My homemade Irish cream is a favorite adult beverage, but I wanted something the kids could enjoy, too. Plus I love flavored coffee creamers, but not all the junk ingredients in them.
A few years ago I made my first batch of homemade Irish cream. The recipe started the wheels churning to make the recipe in to an Irish Cream coffee creamer. I’m a major coffee drinker of all kinds like cardamom coffee and iced coffee. I also like my tea with a little cream and I’m thinking this Irish Cream coffee creamer would be an interesting addition to tea.
This coffee creamer comes together really quickly and just store it in the fridge. Make sure to shake it up before using it because the chocolate sauce tends to settle to the bottom.
If you don’t drink coffee or tea, don’t worry – I have a few other ideas on how to use this creamer to add a little Irish Cream to your day!
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Tablespoon [url href="http://growingupgabel.com/homemade-chocolate-sauce/" title="Homemade Chocolate Sauce"]chocolate sauce[/url]
- Thoroughly whisk together all ingredients.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- You may need to shake well before using as the chocolate sauce tends to settle.