Like most, my kids love crackers, but I rarely purchase them from the store because the ingredient list is about a foot long. Thankfully homemade crackers are very easy and quick to make. And cheap, too! I checked out the price of crackers in the grocery store the other day and most boxes were around $2.50-$3.00 each. This recipe probably costs less than $1 to make. My kids didn’t like these, which surprised me. I think it’s the rosemary flavor they just aren’t used to. But my husband and I really like them!
A delicious, healthy and low cost alternative to store bought crackers.
15 minsPrep Time
15 minsCook Time
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1 Tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt for sprinkling on top
- In a medium bowl whisk together flours, salt and baking powder.
- Add rest of ingredients to bowl and stir to mix.
- Knead dough to combine until it holds together.
- Roll dough out on two jelly roll pans that are greased (or use a silicone baking mat or parchment paper) until the dough covers the entire pan. Just keep working it out thin!
- Sprinkle dough with salt and cute dough in to desired cracker shapes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until crackers are lightly browned and crisp.