This healthy shrimp scampi recipe made with butter, garlic and shrimp is ready in about 20 minutes. Serve over a bed of zucchini noodles for a quick, easy and healthy dinner.
My family has a deep love for shell fish and butter. My daughter recently drew out plans to create a machine that would make her all the crab legs and melted butter she could eat. We have a running joke regarding my husband’s love of all things lobster. I usually pick up bags of frozen shrimp whenever they are on sale. Shrimp makes for a super quick and easy dinner because it thaws and cooks so quickly.
The stars of this recipe are the butter, garlic and shrimp. I’m somewhat of a butter snob. I’m super picky about the brands we use. I figure if I’m going to eat butter, it better be really delicious. This was my first time cooking with Finlandia butter. Finlandia Butter provides authentic flavor still made the old fashioned way.
Can you see all that garlic?! The butter sauce is pooled down below the zucchini noodles. Yum! This is such an easy and delicious meal. You have your meat, veggies and then serve with bread and butter on the side for a family dinner everyone will love.
Healthy Shrimp Scampi Recipe with Zucchini Noodles
- Heat a large frying pan over medium. You want to keep the pan fairly hot, but not too hot so that the butter or garlic gets browned.
- Melt butter in the pan over medium to medium low heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Be careful that it doesn't burn.
- Add shrimp to the pan and stir to coat in the butter and garlic. Cook until it just turns pink, about 4-5 minutes.
- When the shrimp is pink, stir in white wine. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in lemon oil, pepper flakes and parsley.
- Serve over zucchini noodles.