One of my favorite meals of all time is taco salad. I lived with a college friend after I graduated from college and she taught me the yummiest taco salad recipe that used French or Catalina dressing and Doritos. Doritos are pretty hard to replace with a homemade version, but the Catalina dressing is easy to make and better than the bottle!
|French or Catalina Dressing||
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons sucanat or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 Tablespoon ground celery seed
- Combine all ingredients and whisk together. Store in fridge.