Welcome to the Newman’s Own Organics Food. Fun. Hop. event hosted by Shy Babies and Little Inspiration. For this event, we were given dried fruit from Newman’s Own Organic and asked to create a recipe using the fruit. When I saw the combination of dried cranberries, dried apples and a dried berry blend, I knew I wanted to use them in a curry dish.
This rice dish is so flavorful! The fruit re-hydrated beautifully and added a touch of sweetness to the dish. My 3 year old super eater inhaled it. I did forget to set the timer for 20 minutes and burnt the bottom a bit, but we just didn’t eat that part. I served the rice with Curried Chicken Kebabs for a full curry experience, but this would also be great with baked or grilled chicken of any kind.
5 minsPrep Time
25 minsCook Time
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup Newman's Own Organics Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Newman's Own Organics Dried Apples
- 1/2 cup Newman's Own Organics Dried Berry Blend
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, combine rice, dried fruit, curry, salt, and chicken granules. Stir to combine. You can store this for later use or cook right away.
- When ready to prepare rice, put water and butter in small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add rice mixture to water and stir.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED! THANKS TO ALL WHO ENTERED!
Newman’s Own Organics products were received in order to facilitate this review and giveaway, but all opinions are 100% my own.