Gather the kids to decorate graham crackers for an easy Hanukkah cookie recipe kids will love to make.
One of my kids favorite holidays is Hanukkah. My husband was raised Jewish and even though we aren’t raising our children in the Jewish faith, it’s important to me that they participate in the holidays their father celebrated when he was a child. But fitting Hanukkah in to the Christmas rush can be a bit overwhelming for me. So I’m always looking for fun and easy ways to celebrate the eight days. These fun Hanukkah “cookies” are a great way to teach kids about the different symbols of Hanukkah.
Once the crackers are in the sizes you want, set them out with the sparkle gel and let the kids at it. Encourage them to use their imaginations and the suggestions below to create beautiful and fun Hanukkah treats.
- Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Honey/Regular Graham Crackers
- Wilton Sparkle Gel in white, yellow, light and dark blue, black
- Cutting Board
- Bread Knife
- Break or cut the graham crackers into various sizes. I use a knife and cutting board to cut the graham cracker lengthwise to create the long narrow pieces.
- Use your talent and the suggestions below to create beautiful and fun Hanukkah treats!
This article may contain affiliate links.