This is my favorite dinner roll recipe and I’ve been making it for years. The rolls are light and buttery and a perfect addition to any meal. I’ve tried freezing the rolls and then baking later, but I’ve never had good luck getting the rolls to rise after they’ve been frozen.
|Perfectly Easy Dinner Rolls||
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 packages active dry yeast (2.25 tsps) (not instant)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-4 1/2 cups flour
- Combine yeast and water in a large bowl.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Stir in butter, eggs, and salt (let the butter cool or you’ll cook the eggs). Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time until dough is too stiff to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or up to 4 DAYS.
- When ready to bake, grease a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Turn dough out on to lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough in to 24 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece in to a smooth round ball and place balls in even rows in pan.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake until rolls are golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter if desired.