Chicken kebabs are one of my favorite summer meals! For this curried chicken kebab, chicken is marinated in a curry sauce and then grilled with peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
We first tried curry a few months after being married when for some odd reason my mom gave me a jar of curry spices. Neither one of us had eaten curry before so we decided to go for it and fell in love! Curry is not necessarily hot – I used a sweet curry in this dish. It just has a lot of flavor!
Chicken curry is usually a slow cooker winter meal around here. Curried chicken thighs with mushrooms and apples is great for fall. Pineapple curry is my latest obsession. Last summer when I had a package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts I needed to cook, I decided to try a curried chicken kebab. I used a basic curry sauce and let the diced chicken sit in it for a few hours. Then I skewered the meat with peppers, mushrooms, pineapple and onions and gave them to my husband to cook up. They were delicious!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon white wine
- ½ Tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
- Vegetables (peppers, onion, mushrooms, etc)
- In a large bowl mix together coconut milk, curry, turmeric, cumin, olive oil, vinegar, wine and honey.
- Cut chicken in to 2 inch cubes and add to marinade in the bowl.
- Stir chicken to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Skewer chicken on kebab skewers with veggies.
- Cook in grill on medium high heat until chicken is cooked through.