We eat chocolate chip pancakes at least once a week for breakfast. My kids would gladly eat them every single morning, if I let them. The other morning I decided to try a new waffle recipe out and while I was at it, I threw in a handful or two of mini chocolate chips. I was a little worried that the chocolate would melt all over my waffle maker, but they didn’t! So now, we can have chocolate chip waffles much to the delight of my children.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- ⅓ melted palm shortening
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a small, bowl beat together eggs and milk.
- Mix together egg/milk mixture with flour mixture.
- Add melted fats and beat until blended.
- Bake waffles according to waffle make directions until golden and crisp.
This post is linked to these awesome blogs!