Although I don’t make them much anymore, scones one of my all time favorite things to make for breakfast. My family loves scones, too, and they also really love bacon. Marry the two together and I have sure fire breakfast that pleases everyone. These scones are super light and flaky and are always a big hit.
|Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Scones||
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14/ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup cheese (or more!)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (or more!)
- Optional: chopped onion
- Combine first five ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk to combine and make a well.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg and buttermilk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix only until moistened.
- Add in cheese and two-thirds of the bacon. Mix just to combine.
- Pat dough into a round disk on a parchment lined cookie sheet (I bake mine in my toaster oven).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut in to 8 wedges and serve warm.
This dough is very sticky so plop it on the cookie sheet and just pat down!