I came across Busy Bags a few months ago from the blog Unsolicited Advice. Busy Bags are simply an activity for your child to do that is contained in a bag (or large envelopes would work, too). The idea is that the kids can pull out an activity to do either alone, together or with a parent, and put it away all in one neat and tidy place (and who can’t use a little more “neat and tidy” in their lives?!).
Busy Bags looked like a pretty good place to start putting together homeschool-ish activities for my kids.
- Paper Dolls (I printed “The Ginghams”)
- Felt Cupcakes (or here is a paper option)
- Clothesline Busy Bag
- Pom Pom Patterns (the kids are playing with this in the photo above)
- Measure It (this looks like a great math busy bag)
- Clothespin Alphabet Match Up
- Gummi Bear patterns (this is just for a fun treat)
- ABC Go Fish (These are so cute!)
There are many other ideas for busy bags at most of these links. Have fun exploring!